For people who are always looking for ways to make their hair and skin more beautiful, castor oil is the reliable resort. Unfortunately, the endless benefits of castor oil are often overlooked because of other oils available on the market. Nevertheless, it is important for all individuals to know why and how they can use castor oil to improve the health of their hair and skin.
Hair Benefits of Castor Oil
- Hair growth– If you want your hair to grow faster, then start massaging your scalp with warm castor oil. The purpose of making it warm is because it will promote the circulation of blood to the hair follicles, allowing the hair to grow faster. Castor oil is known for the omega-9 fatty acids it contains, which makes it nourish your hair. If the consistency of this oil feels too thick, you can add a little almond or coconut oil so it loosens up a little.
- Treats dandruff and other scalp issues– Among the other great qualities, castor oil also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Massaging it on your scalp regularly will eliminate dandruff. For those that have dry hair and dandruff, mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil and olive oil along with the juice of half a lemon and apply it to your head. For those who have oily hair and dandruff, mix one tablespoon of castor oil, aloe vera, honey and the juice of half a lemon and apply it to your scalp.
- Thickens hair– The omega-6 and-9 fatty acids in this oil make your hair thicker and makes sure your new hair growth is healthy as well. When this oil is regularly used on the scalp, it grows new hair and makes the existing hair thicker.
Skin Benefits of Castor Oil
- Great moisturizer (delays aging) – Castor oil has the ability to penetrate into your skin so it makes it soft and hydrates it intensely. Moreover, this oil promotes the production of collagen and elastin, making it delay the appearance of aging and it allows the skin to look youthful. Just by gently massaging castor oil on your face regularly, you will be able to see a noticeable difference.
- Fades pigmentation, scars, and blemishes– After using castor oil on a regular basis, you will be able to reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes. The fatty acids in this oil have the ability to get absorbed into your skin so they can promote the growth of new healthy tissue so the scar heals itself. In addition, this oil can make the skin tone even while removing pigmentation.
- Treats mild acne– Ricinoleic acid is a compound found in castor oil, which makes it a natural treatment for mild acne. After washing your face with warm water, you can massage it with castor oil and leave it overnight. Rinse it off in the morning and notice your acne clear up while your skin feels and looks more nourished and hydrated.
These are the main benefits of castor oil for your hair and skin. Keep in mind, this oil is versatile and helps with many other conditions. Using it regularly and properly can improve your overall health as well!