Dietbet is a weight loss game that you play online with other participants. The premise of the game is to bet money in the hopes of winning the pot (a cash prize of all the bets). Participants typically bet between $20-$50. In order to be a winner, you have to lose 4% body weight by the end of the challenge, which lasts four weeks.
If you reach your 4% goal along with other participants, you all have to split the pot. Of course, if you don’t reach your goal, you don’t win money.
You can join a game that is about to start, or you can start your own game and challenge others to join. There are a few important rules that you have to adhere to in order to play, including:
- All participants must be 18 years or older to play Dietbet
- You must have a BMI (body mass index) of 18.5
- You cannot engage in medical procedures that result in weight loss
- Results for final weigh-in must be submitted 48 hours after the game ends
- If you want to leave the game due to medical reasons, you need medical documentation for a refund
- You have to submit photos when you weigh-in and weigh-out
You can challenge yourself with one of two programs: the more popular four week challenge, or the six month challenge. In the six month challenge, you’re required to lose 10% body weight.
For most participants, Dietbet is an effective approach to weight loss. Studies show that people perform better when they’re a part of a group. And even if you don’t win the prize, you still lose weight.
Even with all of the positive buzz that surrounds Dietbet, there are some important elements to consider and hopefully avoid:
- Don’t crash diet: if you aren’t close to your weight goal for the final weigh-in, don’t stop eating for a period of time to lose the weight. Technically, you’re still a winner even if you don’t win money.
- Avoid anxiety pitfalls: it’s understandable to feel a little anxious if you don’t lose the necessary weight each week. Look at it from a more positive perspective and praise yourself for losing weight at all.
- Don’t Cheat: Dietbet does its best to regulate the game to keep participants from cheating, but there are a few ways to cheat. If you figure out a way to cheat Dietbeat, don’t do it. The game isn’t about winning money, it’s about losing weight.
According to Dietbet, over 400,000 people in 90 countries have already participated in the program to lose weight. Would you join Dietbet for weight loss?