Everyone loves a bath bomb. These delightfully colored balls can redefine your “me-time” and can help you relax like nothing else! The only problem with bath bombs is that they can get a little pricey. If this is keeping you from enjoying a bubbly bath, it’s time to make your own DIY bath bombs.
Our recipe makes a batch of about 12 bath bombs so you can buy the ingredients once, and enjoy your luxury baths for a long time. Scroll down to read how you can make them.
- 8 oz baking soda
- 4 oz Epsom salt
- 4 oz cornstarch
- 4 oz citric acid
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- About 2 teaspoons essential oil
- 4-6 drops of food coloring
- A small jar and a bowl
- Silicone Molds
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to make sure that the mixture is clump-free.
- Combine all the liquid ingredients in an air-tight jar and shake it vigorously to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- While adding the liquids, keep in mind that essential oil is what decides the scent of your bath bomb. You can go for something basic like vanilla and lavender or jazz it up with scents like peppermint and coffee.
- While adding the food color, try to stick to a single hue to avoid accidentally muddying up the water.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and keep whisking. You may want to go as slow as mixing only one spoon at a time. You’ll end up with a mixture with a sand-like texture
- Fill it in the silicon molds ASAP! Don’t let the mixture dry in the bowl.
- Leave the molds to dry for about a day.
VOILA! You have a whole batch of amazing bath bombs that cost you only about $2 each! Now, it’s time to have fun and de-stress yourself by enjoying a luxury bath.