If you love DIYs, then this is for you! Take charge of your hair care by whipping up some shampoos at home with just a few items from your kitchen and pantry, and presto! Beautiful hair!
Say goodbye to dry hair by combining the following in a pretty bottle:
- 5 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 1 tsp castor oil
- 2 Tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp essential oil of choice for fragrance
Don’t forget to shake before use!
Thick Hair Bestie
For those with thick, thick hair, here’s a great mix to detangle and cleanse your hair.
- 1 gallon brewed herbal tea
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup castile soap
- 3 tsp Xanthun gum
- 30 drops of your favorite essential oil
Mix, shake, and use!
The Green Hair
If you love herbs and plants, this is the perfect concoction. Mix these ingredients well in a pretty bottle:
- 8 oz of herbal water (herbs steeped in boiling water for 4 hours)
- 60 drops of essential oil (peppermint or lavender)
- 3 oz liquid castile soap
- ½ tsp jojoba oil
Easy to use and easy to carry, make your own instead of those chemical ones sold at drug stores! You’ll need:
- ¼ cup non GMO cornstarch
- ¼ cup of rice flour
- 1 Tbsp peppermint oil
Mix well, and put it in a shaker. Or you can use a makeup brush to pat some on your scalp!
So there you have it; natural, safe and healthy shampoos for your luscious locks!