As more numbers add to our age, or when we go through an emotional trauma, the skin is the first organ to suffer. One of the first signs of ageing, stress and deteriorating emotional state is the skin losing its elasticity.
Drooping of skin around the jowls, sagging jaw line, sunken cheeks, wrinkles around nose and mouth, and floppy neck are some of the clear signs that are telling you to get a facelift.
And when we say facelift, we do not refer to the procedure where you have to go under the knife. Our facelift procedure is simpler, pain free and affordable. It’s called the breakfast facelift mask.
Just pick up some breakfast items and put them on your face, instead of putting them in your mouth.
Things you’ll need
- One egg white
- One tablespoon of oats
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
How to Make the Breakfast Facelift Mask
- Crack an egg and separate the egg white from its yolk.
- In a bowl, add egg white, crushed oats, lemon juice, and raw honey. Mix the ingredients using a spoon or a spatula until you have a smooth paste.
- Make sure your face and neck is clean and dry before spreading the mask evenly. Avoid area around the eyes.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, or until it has dried and you can feel it tightened and stiff on your face.
- Wash your face with cold water to keep the pores closed.
- Wait for another 30 minutes to allow your skin to breathe before following up with toner and moisturizer.
Tip: Do not throw the yolk away. It’s packed with protein and makes a very effective hair mask. Give your hair a protein treatment at home by making your own DIY mask.
The Science behind the Breakfast Facelift Mask
You must be wondering how some breakfast items can make your skin firmer and tighter. Allow us to enlighten you:
Let’s begin with egg whites. This breakfast item contains 69 different proteins and has astringent properties that tightens pores and pulls the skin together. If you begin applying egg white mask on your skin earlier on, your skin will show resistance to wrinkling.
Next is honey. This sweet goodness is actually rich in antioxidants and slows down ageing. Additionally, honey is also extremely moisturizing which improves wrinkles. Even youngsters can enjoy the benefits of a honey mask as it cleans pores and reduces acne blemishes from the face.
Oats, the third delicious breakfast item, also leaves your skin deliciously smooth and wrinkle-free. One of the main causes of wrinkles is dryness and oats make sure the skin is moisturized by removing dryness. Oats also have antioxidant properties and heal damaged skin.
Lemon contains vitamin c and citric acid, and as a result provides the skin with its exfoliating and antioxidant properties. Both these properties reverse the effects of ageing and leave the skin tightened and firmer.
Put this breakfast facelift mask on your face twice a week and see amazing results in a month.