The only way you can get shiny and thick hair is if you have a healthy scalp. If you have a scalp that is unhealthy, inflamed, or full of toxins, the hair that grows from the scalp will be thin, weak, and dull. Similar to a delicate flower, your hair requires the right nutrients, right moisture, and the correct pH level so your hair can be just the way you want it to be. That’s where a scalp detox comes in.
In the attempts of making hair gorgeous, individuals tend to lather on chemicals that are hazardous to the health of their hair. The daily use of shampoos, conditioners, sprays, dyes, and mousse tend to make matters even worse.
However, this is not your fault. The advertisements that are viewed on television tend to manipulate individuals in buying these products. Most of the times, these products do not do anything they promise, but they definitely lead your hair to be more damaged.
Unfortunately, nowadays, even pollution, water quality, and natural hair products are not doing justice to your scalp. Therefore, the need to detox your scalp arises.
What Is a Scalp Detox
Scalp detox can be referred to as a deep cleanse. This method allows to remove junk and toxins from your scalp so the hair follicles can be unclogged while it balances the pH and natural oils of your scalp. When you detox your scalp, you will be renewing and revising your hair follicles so your hair has a good environment to grow.
Why Detox Your Scalp
- It takes away all toxin build up so your hair can be healthy
- It makes the blood circulation of the scalp better by bringing oxygen and nutrients to the roots
- It helps regenerate hair cells
- It unclogs hair follicles
- It takes away all scalp irritation, dryness, and flakiness
- It helps get rid of scalp acne
- It improves the health of your scalp
3 Ways to Detox the Scalp
- Scalp massage– This method is useful for everyone. It improves the blood circulation of the scalp, it stimulates the growth, and it removes toxins.
- Lime juice clarifying rinse– This method is ideal for those with oily hair or if you live in an area with hard water.
- Honey and cinnamon scalp tonic– This method is ideal for those that have slow hair growth or if you have any bald patches.
You will need:
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- In a bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar and the water.
- As usual, shampoo and condition your hair.
- Rinse it off and pour the mixture on your hair, but do not rinse any further
Use this mixture on your scalp once or twice a week.
Apple cider vinegar is known for its ability to clean your hair without taking away the natural oils of your scalp. This is the easiest method of detoxing your scalp and it will give best results if you use this after using a sulfate-free shampoo.
Detoxing your scalp will ensure gorgeous hair in a healthy growing environment. Make sure to make the most of it so you can enjoy beautifully luscious hair.