Every curly head girl knows all about the love-hate relationship we have with our curls. As much as we love them, it can be hard to tame them and keep the frizz under control. Let’s have a look at some amazing tips and tricks to keep you sane as you flaunt your gorgeous curls.
- Brushing your dry curls is a major beauty disaster. Try and avoid brushing your hair when they are dry. Instead, the best time for brushing is when you are in the shower. Wet hair is generally easier to detangle and you won’t end up with a massive case of frizz afterward.
- After a shower, steer clear of towels. Instead, use a cotton t-shirt to dry your hair. It will prevent frizz, hair damage and breakage, which is commonly caused when you use a towel to dry wet hair.
- We understand why you may not want to let your hair dry naturally, but it is still advisable to stay away from high heat styling tools and blow dry. What you can do is to make use of a diffuser. It might take some time but the final look of your curls is definitely worth it.
- When brushing, start from the ends of your hair. It is generally easier to detangle the ends first, as compared to starting from the roots.
- The basics of brushing curly hair include that you use a wide tooth comb instead of a brush. You can also use your fingers to detangle your hair but just make sure you stay away from a brush because it can cause irreparable damage and breakage.
- Make sure you use a plenty of moisturizer to keep your hair moisturized and hydrated. An easy option is to apply conditioner before stepping into a shower and tuck your hair into a shower cap. Wash your body before washing your hair as normal. The steam from the bath will ensure that the moisture is locked in your hair.
So, are you ready to follow these tips to stay in love with your curls?