Most women appreciate a good facial. It’s the most important and enjoyable part of a spa package. It’s also a highly beneficial treatment, as it cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes the skin. I think it’s safe to say that we all enjoy a day at the spa – what some of us don’t enjoy is the $75 (sometimes more) service fee. Why waste your money on that when you can create your own spa experience at home? Believe me when I say it’s possible! All it starts with is a luxurious facial. Then everything else will sort of fall in place.
DIY Avocado + Honey Facial
You are going to love this avocado facial. Luckily, you may have all or at least most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
What You Need
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon honey
What You Do
- Mash the avocado using a fork in a medium sized bowl
- Dissolve the honey into hot water and mix it into the mashed avocado
- Apply generously over your face with a makeup brush
- Let it sit on your face and work its magic for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Why We Love These Ingredients
When choosing which ingredients to incorporate to our luxurious face mask, we didn’t pick whatever was there. Oh, no. We were very particular about the ingredients in this simple, three ingredient DIY Avocado Facial.
Avocados aren’t Just for Guacamole
Avocados are a source of over 20 vitamins and minerals, including chlorophyll (reduces inflammation), water (hydrates), Vitamin E (prevents wrinkles) and anti-aging antioxidants. You’ll immediately notice softer, more supple skin after using this avocado face mask. Once you apply it frequently, you’ll begin to see reduced inflammation.
Honey Does More Than Sweeten Tea
Once we share the amazing benefits of honey, you’ll thank us for adding it to this avocado face mask. The enzymes in honey allow it to seep into the skin, which softens the skin deep under. If you have problems with acne scarring and for some reason, our baking soda recipes didn’t solve the problem, honey is a natural moisturizer and antiseptic which lessens all types of scars. What else can it do? Fight acne, reverse the signs of aging and provide a natural, spring/summer glow.
Enjoy Your Spa Day at Home
Now that you have your DIY facial most likely smeared on, why not continue your spa day at home?
- Start off by covering your entire body with an exfoliating body scrub. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Mask yourself in a full body mud mask and wrap yourself in a warm, heavy blanket (you may need someone to help fully wrap you).
- Relax like this while listening to calming music.
Enjoy yourself with a cocktail or two and you’ll feel like you’re in an upscale Manhattan spa.