If you think you have tried ALL the good facial cleansers in the world, but have not received the results you wish to get, then it is time you try out an oil cleansing method. This is not your typical facial cleanser, but it will definitely give you baby smooth skin and a mirror glow. Although, you may be a little confused as to what this cleansing method is all about, we have the basic questions answered!
What oils can I put in my oil cleanser?
The most important oil in the oil cleanser is castor oil. This oil is known to be viscous and thick. It is “highly comedogenic”, which means that it will clog your pores. Although this oil is not the ideal oil to put on your face, you must keep in mind that the sole purpose of this oil cleanser is to bond with the natural oils of your face so it can pull away all impurities. Once you rinse the cleanser off, your face must be free of all sebum or oil.
Oil cleansers usually have additional oils added with castor oil. The most common oils are rose hip seed oil, jojoba oil, and camellia oil. However, you must choose oils that are beneficial for your skin type.
You must use the highest quality oils you can find, since overly processed oils can clog your pores.
How is the oil cleanser used?
- You need to start by taking a hot water towel (the heat should be comfortable enough to be on your face and hands) and gently rub it on your face.
- Let the hot towel stay on your face for at least 30 seconds or more.
- Once you feel that your pores have expanded a little, pour a couple of drops of your oil cleanser onto your palm and gently massage onto your face. The massaging must be done in a circular motion. Skin experts recommend massaging for 2 minutes at least, for best results.
- Let the cleanser stay on your face for an additional 30 seconds.
- You will need to set the towel with hot water again, so you can take the oil off your skin. You must do this at least 3 times or until all the oil has been successfully removed from your skin.
- Once it is off, apply your favorite moisturizer, give your pores a couple of minutes to close, and then apply your moisturizer.
Basic Oil Cleanser (Suitable for most skin types)
- 1 ounce castor oil
- 2 ounces rose hip seed oil
- 2 ounce camellia oil
Soothing Oil Cleanser (Suitable for dry, sensitive skin)
- ½ ounce castor oil
- 2 ounces Argan oil
- 1 ½ ounce oat oil
- 1 ounce passion fruit oil
Cleanser for Oily, Acne-prone skin
- 1 ½ ounces castor oil
- 1 ½ ounces perilla seed oil
- 1 ounce sacha inchi oil
- 1 ounce karanja oil
Now that you know about the oil cleansing method, make sure you take full advantage of it and achieve clear skin!