The endless benefits of aloe vera are highly appreciated in the beauty community as well as across the globe. Although, this miracle plant originated from the Arabian Peninsula, Northern Africa, and Madagascar, it is used all over the world. Whether it is used in face washes, sunscreens, moisturizers, or soaps, aloe vera is the active ingredient because of its calming and curative properties.
The biggest concern for most individuals are those unwelcome and disappointing bulges on the skin that tend to ruin EVERYTHING. These bulges are acne that almost 80% of the world’s population has to suffer from. Luckily, aloe vera (this is why it is the miracle plant) can cure acne.
Is Aloe Vera Good For Acne?
- Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that successfully combats and treats acne and the redness that it causes. It can prevent acne wounds from being infected while boosting the healing process. The antifungal properties of this miracle plant can reduce inflammations as well.
- Aloe vera contains a supplement called Magnesium lactate that lessens acne itching and treats sunburns/skin rashes.
- Aloe vera also has astringent properties that eradicate dirt and excess oil from your skin so there are no acne breakouts.
- Although it will prevent your acne, it will also be reduce the acne scars and promote the skin to regenerate. There is Anthraquinone in aloe vera that accelerates the development and restoration of cells. This way your skin will be free from acne scars leading it to be flawless and radiant.
- Aloe vera tightens the pores on your skin, which lessens the chance of getting clogged pores.
Using an Aloe Vera Treatment to Clear Acne
1. Honey and Aloe Vera
You will need 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of raw honey, and 1-2 teaspoons of rose water.
Blend the aloe vera gel, honey, and rose water in a bowl to make a paste. Apply this mask to the areas that are the most vulnerable to acne and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and do this three times a week for best results.
2. Lemon and Aloe Vera
You will need 1-2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and a few drops of lemon juice.
In a bowl, mix the aloe vera gel and lemon juice to form a paste. Apply this concoction on your neck and face, and leave it on overnight. If the mask feels too sticky, you must leave it on for at least 1 hour before washing it off. This must be done every day until you feel the acne healing.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, you can replace the lemon juice with tomato juice because it is milder.
3. Turmeric and Aloe Vera
You will need 1-2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, and 1 teaspoon of gram flour (chickpea flour).
In a bowl, add all these ingredients to form a paste (you can add water if the paste becomes too thick). Put the mask on your face, let it dry (this takes 15-20 minutes), and then rinse it off. For best results, this must be done 2 times a week.
Note: Turmeric can leave a yellow stain on your face, so you can use lemon juice to get rid of it.
Aloe vera is definitely a miracle plant because of its various benefits to the skin and our health. If you have been looking for the ultimate solution to your acne issues, make sure you try out these aloe vera treatment masks and reveal your naturally radiant, beautiful skin.