All kinds of hair including straight, wavy and curly can become frizzy. While humidity also plays an important part in it, the frizz appears mainly due to the lack of moisture in the cuticle. We all know how difficult it is to deal with a frizzy-hair day.
It’s time you tame that frizz on your head and stop living in a fear of rain and humidity. Scroll down to read some of the tested tips and tricks to make the frizz more manageable!
- Skipping the conditioner is never a good idea, especially if you are prone to having a frizz. The key idea behind dealing with frizzy hair is to lock-in as much moisture as possible. Ditching the conditioner can cause the hair cuticle to open up and absorb moisture from the air. Consequently, causing your hair to become frizzy.
- Twice a week, skip the shampoo and wash your hair using only the conditioner. You might feel that you need be shampooed several times a week but in reality, that is not the case. So every two days, aim to apply just a conditioner instead of shampoo. This will keep your hair clean without stripping it off its natural oils.
- Brushing regularly can help distribute oil. The best way to brush your hair is by hanging your head upside down and brushing your locks with a broad wide-tooth comb to distribute the oils from the scalp to the tips of your hair.
- Now, this may be hard for some, but in order to reduce the frizz, resist the urge to touch them. Constantly touching and moving your hair causes friction which can lead to frizzy hair.
- Lastly, use a cotton shirt for drying your hair instead of a towel.
Happy frizz-free and hassle-free days!