Noni is a little known fruit most commonly found in the Pacific Islands, India, South East Asia and Australia. It has been used for centuries in traditional medicine, from relieving menstrual cramps to treating liver disorders. Additionally, this tropical fruit is high in vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, E and B. Its minerals include calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. Although rich in carbohydrates, however noni is low in calories. It has a bitter taste, which you’ll grow accustom to if you drink it regularly. Or you can make delicious noni juice recipes.
Noni Juice Recipes
We came up with three noni juice recipes that are best to drink in the morning, during lunch and as you workout. Among its many benefits, noni juice that provides energy, which we all need throughout the day.
Don’t forget to try our other nutritious smoothies:
- ¼ cup noni fruit, chopped or ¼ cup of noni juice
- 1 ripe banana (sliced)
- ½ cup fresh pineapple (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh mango
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Handful of kale or spinach
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey (or maple syrup)
- Place all of your ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- You can freeze the chopped fruits beforehand, or add ice cubes during preparation.
This is an adapted recipe from draxe.com.
Tropical Ginger Smoothie:
- 1 oz pure Noni juice
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 1 cup strawberries (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple (chopped)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger (peeled and crushed)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Use a strainer if necessary.
This is an adapted recipe from thespruceats.com.
Holistic Noni Juice:
- 2 oz pure Noni juice
- 1.7 cups boiled water
- 1/4 cup spice-infused simple syrup
- 1 thumb ginger (peeled and crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2.5 cups water
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain and discard residue.
This is an adapted recipe from recipesforjuicing.blogpost.com
These noni juice recipes are a delicious way to start your day and energize you during that midday slump. However, you can drink it whenever you need a kick or when you want a nutritional drink. Give them a try and let us know what you think!