If you are like me and feel the need to keep up with the latest skincare trends, then keep reading! In the past few months, I started to notice more advertisements for shimmering creams, oils, and sprays. I didn’t really know which form I would prefer so of course; I went and purchased many different kinds of shimmering and did my own little research at home. Let me tell you, I was a bit overwhelmed at the variety. Some are from company names that we are all familiarized with and others not so much. So, if you are reading this and wondering which shimmer product you should purchase next, I have narrowed it down to 10 which was not an easy task to begin with. I put them in order from greatest to least favorite…
#1 Life’s Butter Healthy Glow – $32 for 90ml/3oz
Coming in at number one, I have to say I am really obsessed with this new product. The name really says it all. Healthy Glow because that is what you get. An even and natural shimmer for your skin plus a moisturizing that is like no other. With all-natural ingredients and only ones I can pronounce so you know, they are the real deal. Ingredients that you are familiar with, such as Shea Butter, Marula Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Rosehip Seed oil. No pore-clogging here!
- All-natural ingredients
- No fillers or harmful parabens
- Fast-absorbing lotion that stays on all-day
- Doesn’t stain clothing
- Washes off easily with soap and water
- Nice and even shimmery glow
- Reasonably priced at $32.00 for a 3 oz or 90 ml bottle
- In high demand must order at least 2 at a time.
#2 Anastasia Shimmer Body Oil
– $38 for 45ml/1.5oz
This is a unique spray oil shimmer. It has a pleasant vanilla scent. For an oil, it is not greasy at all. Gives a subtle glow. This product is also cruelty-free which is so important to me when looking for beauty products. This oil stays on all day, even after I went swimming! The price of the oil is $38.00 for a 1.5 fl oz or 45 ml bottle.
- Does not cause breakouts
- Good for all skin types
- Light fragrance
- Glitter spreads easily
- Takes a while to dry
- Oily feeling
- Hard to take off
- Fragrance doesn’t last long after spraying.
#3 Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Body Lava – $58 for 90ml/3 oz
Everyone has heard of this one I am sure! Let me just start by saying that the smell is the best thing about this product. It is purely enchanting. It has a hint of coconut flakes. With that being said, it has an extremely sticky texture. I would wear it only to the beach because once it’s wet, it looks a little better on the skin. The cost of this oil is $59.00 for a 3 oz or 90 ml bottle.
- Very pleasant scent
- Looks better when wet on the skin
- Nice island shimmer
- The very greasy feeling doesn’t absorb fast into the skin
- Causes breakouts due to all the harsh chemicals that block pores.
- Only looks nice when wet on the skin, not worth the money for only beach days.
- Not all-natural formula
#4 Sugar Rush Shimmer Time – $22 for 54ml/1.85 oz
Is exactly that! Sugary, sweet like candy! This quick-absorbing oil feels nice on the skin. It doesn’t take forever to dry also. Stays on even after a dip in the water that makes it perfect for summer outings. Not as glittery as I expected. Contains Macadamia Oil and Almond Oils for added moisture. The price of this product is $22.00 for a 1.85 fl oz or 55 ml.
- Hydrates skin
- Washes off quickly with soap and water
- Sweet smell like dessert but does not last long after applying
- Difficult to come out of the bottle
- The bottle is smaller than advertised
- Not a lot of the shimmer effect
#5 Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish
– $42 for 100ml/3.4 oz
This cream is actually like a BB cream foundation texture. It covers any blemishes and marks on the body and face. Gives an even look to the skin. This product contains Shea Butter as previously mentioned in Lifes’ Butter Healthy Glow. Vitamin E is also one of the ingredients here that can also help with signs of aging and hydration. This cream is water-resistant. The price of this shimmer is $45.00 for a 3.3 fl oz or 100 ml bottle.
- Can be used on face and body for extra coverage
- Gentle bronze tint
- Takes a while to absorb in the skin
- Not as hydrating as the others mentioned
- The shimmer is more subtle in this lotion, more like a bronzer
- Won’t wash off so easily with soap and water
- Leaves skin feeling sticky to the touch
- Rubs off on clothing and furniture
#6 Patrick Ta Major Glow Body Oil
– $52 for 100ml/3.4 oz
This oil makes skin look hydrated and even gives it a WET look. Comes in a few different shades. This product seems more like glitter fleck than actual shimmer. This oil has a nice smell, and many stopped me on the street to ask what I was wearing. Unfortunately, the scent does not last after one hour. Loved the packaging I think the most! The cost of this shimmer is $89.00 for a 3.4 fl oz or 100 ml size bottle.
- Beautifully packaged, looks great on my vanity
- Has a nice shimmer shade to it, not too much.
- All 3 shades are pretty, hard to choose one.
- The shimmer doesn’t last
- Spray nozzle keeps getting stuck, hard to dispense the oil
- Not worth the money in my opinion, better to stick with Life’s Butter Healthy Glow
- The smell does not last long
- Greasy feeling on the body
#7 Beekman Pot of Gold Shimmer Cream
– $38 for 237 ml/8 oz
Now that I am thinking about it, the name really fits the product. The packaging makes it really look like a pot of gold! The shimmer is great in this lotion. This cream is a whipped lotion, so the texture is nice and smooth. It dries and absorbs quickly and does not stain clothing. The price of this golden shimmer is $30.00 for a 4.5 fl oz or 130 ml bottle.
- Great shimmer shade
- Easy to apply
- Doesn’t stain clothing or furniture
- The company offers an auto-ship program
- Keeps skin hydrated for a few hours until you need to reapply
- The product is almost unscented I personally prefer scented products
- Smaller quantity than advertised
- Dried my skin a bit
- Caused some irritation
#9 Nars Body Glow
– $59 for 74 ml/2.5 oz
This lightweight, sheer oil is a bit of a splurge priced at $70.00 for a 2.5 fl oz or 70 ml bottle, so of course, I wanted to try it. Nars is a well-known company most popular for its make-up products. While the shade of the oil is very natural, the product itself did not feel natural.
- Nice, natural shimmer
- Very pleasant, scented oil
- Takes time to absorb into the skin
- Does not hydrate
- Clogs pores
- A long list of ingredients and not all natural
- Causes breakouts
- Oil is hard to use, becomes solid, and must run with hot water to soften.
#10 KKW Skin Perfecting Body Shimmer
– $35 for 118 ml/4 oz
This is a very popular product, and I can see why. The quality is great! I like the shades and texture. You get full coverage as well as a subtle shimmer. Comes in 4 different shades. You can use the body brush for ultimate coverage. You must give it some time to dry before dressing. Priced at $35.00 for a 4 fl oz bottle.
- Feels smooth on the skin
- Smells clean
- Full day shine and coverage.
- May get clothing stained if not careful to wait enough time for the cream to dry
- Ingredients listed are not all-natural.