Alopecia, or in more simple words hair loss, is quite common among men and women alike. There are countless things that can cause hair loss such as age, illness, emotional trauma, stress, diet, pregnancy, thyroid issues, hormonal changes, anemia, and iron deficiency. Yes, that is quite a lot of causes and the most common would be that hair loss or thinning is also hereditary. Meaning, it is not a disease but more of a genetic pattern handed down to you from either your mother or father’s genetic side.
There are numerous ways to help with this condition. From supplements to creams, oils, and shampoos. It can be quite frustrating when having to make this choice because there are just so many on the market. We did some research on the matter and were able to narrow it down to the top 5. Hopefully, you will find this information both useful and helpful.
- Biotin with Coconut Oil – you may have heard about Biotin already. It is also known as vitamin H. Biotin is necessary for your body to produce energy from certain nutrients. Low blood levels of Biotin can cause thinning of hair and even loss of hair. This product is a supplement of the Biotin aspect and like many other supplements on the market, it may take up to a few months until you will notice healthy growth of hair. This product can even help with nail growth as well. This product is sold on amazon and is reasonably priced. You will find a large number of companies that manufacture Biotin. We chose this one since the cold-pressed organic coconut oil makes it easier to digest and helps with quick absorption. This supplement contains 10,000 MCG of Biotin and is Non-GMO verified. What we absolutely love about this supplement is that it is also vegan which can be hard to find.
- Rogaine – This is one of the oldest remedies out there. Millions of people have used Rogaine. You can find Rogaine for men and a separate one for women. It is especially important to make sure that you purchase the right Rogaine because the dosage is different for men and women. This is a foam that you are meant to massage into the scalp with your fingers and leave it on. The recommended dosage is twice daily. Results have been seen after two months of this foam usage. Patience is key here because it may take up to four months to see any results.
- Sky Organics Castor oil – has been proven to help with hair growth. We like this company because it is all-natural and organic, of course. You can even put the oil on your eyebrows and lashes to boost growth there as well. For best results apply the Castor Oil to wet hair and let it sit for 15 minutes follow with shampoo and conditioner as usual. This is pure 100% Castor Oil, no added ingredients. We love the fact that this company is cruelty-free and 100% vegan. You can purchase this online via the website or on Amazon.
- Vegamour Serum – this is a serum that does it all. It helps the regrowth of hair as well as protects the hair that is on the scalp. This company believes in hydrating the scalp to prevent thinning and hair loss. With all plant-based ingredients as well as peptides, this serum has been proven to stop shedding and have a positive impact on the hair growth cycle in general. They claim to have 70% less shedding after 4 months of usage with 0% side effects. This product is also cruelty-free and 100% vegan. The company offers a money-back guarantee so that is a plus.
- Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Shampoo – This is a great find. A shampoo that contains a lot of goodies like biotin, keratin, and zinc. This product will help with healthy hair growth and does a lot of conditioning to maintain a smooth, hydrated scalp. This will ensure that the thinning hair will not look as thin and have a little more body. Viviscal is suitable for everyday use and can be used over color-treated hair. Please keep in mind that results may take up 3 months to see, but worth the wait.
There you have it! We hope that this helps and are reminding you that no matter what option you go with please be patient. Just as hair loss did not happen overnight, hair regrowth will not as well.
** These results are based on trials that we have performed and while doing so we discovered that the effects last only if the product is in use. Results may vary once you stop using the product in most cases.