Remove the primer, remove the foundation and/or powder, and what do you see? Smooth, clear, glowing skin that makes you proud to have a makeup free day? Or do you see blemishes, acne and fine lines? If it’s the latter that you’re experiencing, you don’t have to hide your face with layers of makeup – correct your flaws with nature’s greatest gift: food! The following plant based foods are among our favorites for creating beautiful, glowing skin. The reason is obvious: because these foods work.
Obviously, water will be on any list that promotes natural beauty from nourishing within. First, water helps to remove toxic material in the form of urine and stool. It works to remove all impurities out of your body which, in turn, forms fresh blood. Did you know that the cause of skin problems is impure blood? So let’s start drinking that water.
You probably didn’t know how much the kiwi fruit loves to beautify our skin:
- Rejuvenates skin – vitamins and antioxidants work together to boost your skin’s health. Also like water, it rids the body of toxins and waste, which results in glowing skin.
- Anti-Aging Properties – thanks to those antioxidants that neutralize free radicals, kiwi comes with its share of anti-aging benefits. You could make your own kiwi mask, but we recommend a reputable brand like DermaSet for their anti-aging formula.
- Lightens Dark Circles – everybody hates their under-eyes dark circles. There are many ways to lessen dark circles (cucumbers), but some avenues work better than other. If cucumbers don’t work for you, try a small slice of kiwi for 15 minutes. Remove the kiwi and wash your face. Do this everyday for lighter under-eyes.
In a recent article by Daily Mail, a team of experts used men and women to concentrate less on what they apply to their face and more on what they put in their bodies. They recommend berries such as blueberries, raspberries and blackcurrants for their excellent source of vitamin C (an antioxidant…go figure). They’re also full of nutrients that act like antioxidants (remember, they neutralize free radicals). Being less in sugar, berries won’t speed up your skin’s aging process.
In the same article by the Daily Mail, those bright orange carrots were added high on their list for glowing skin thanks to beta carotene. As most know, beta carotene turns into vitamin A in our body. Vitamin A is among the most important vitamins for the health and quality of our skin.
Avocados have a secret ingredient that will bring life to your skin. That ingredient is vitamin E, a nutrient that is essential to improving the health of your skin. Here’s the kicker: avocados are best applied topically rather than ingested. Don’t worry, we have the perfect avocado face mask for your spa day at home.
Just to clarify, we aren’t sure if every spice in your cabinet will lead to glowing skin, but we’re 100% certain that the following will. And here’s why in a nutshell.
- Cinnamon – When you use cinnamon in a face mask, it stimulates the skin with such intensity, that it draws blood to the surface of the skin. This speeds up blood circulation, which helps your skin to breathe and eliminate acne. You can find a great honey and cinnamon face mask at Medical News Today.
- Cumin – A personal favorite of ours, this spice is packed with:
- Vitamin E (nourishes skin)
- Antioxidants (fights free radical damage)
- Disinfects (removes toxins and infections for clearer skin)
- Ginger – This spice can bring radiance to every aspect of your face. It can improve one’s skin tone, fight blemishes and lighten age spots.