It is heartbreaking to see your precious blush and eyeshadow break into pieces after you accidentally tip it off the counter. Or to roll up a lipstick just to find out it is ruined – the pain is real!
Thankfully, with these tips and tricks, you will never have to throw away broken makeup again.
Scroll down to read how you can easily fix it in just a few steps.
Broken Powder Makeup
Powder makeup, including powder base, eyeshadow and blush, tends to break easily. Fortunately, it’s just easy to fix! All you need is a piece of plastic wrap and some alcohol.
- Gather all the broken pieces in the original container and crush them until they are finely powdered.
- Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol and use the back side of a spoon to smooth the compact in the container. You can also use your fingers to smooth the edges.
- Put a piece of plastic over the compact and rub it to make sure the compact is absolutely even.
- If the mixture is too dry, try adding a few more drops of alcohol.
- Leave it to dry overnight. Remove the plastic wrap in the morning.
- .! Your powder makeup is good as new!
This is an easy one! If your lipstick has broken in the middle, all you need is a hairdryer! Here’s how you can fix your broken lipsticks.
- Plug in your hair dryer and blow hot air on the broken tube.
- In a few seconds, you will notice that the lipstick is melting.
- Place the broken piece right on top of it so that it sticks.
- If you notice any weird gaps, use the dryer again and smooth them over.
So, are you ready to fix that broken makeup?