Summer is approaching and it is essential to know that the way we treat our skin during summer affects us all year long. Due to warmer temperatures, increased humidity and greater sun exposure our skin reacts differently in comparison to the other seasons. How our skin feels also depends greatly on our mood and stress levels, and having oily skin surely isn’t one to help. Applying heavy oil based products on top of that only makes the situation worse! They’ll leave you feeling sweaty, sticky and most likely itchy all day long.
We have prepared a list of pocket friendly products that will help save your skin from all the summer time damage and give it the best summer glow.
Now let’s start! First and foremost, remember to apply a daytime moisturizer with SPF. Look for a lightweight moisturizing formula for your daytime moisturizer as the heat leads to excessive oil production in your skin and using a heavier moisturizer will make your skin feel oilier. The daytime moisturizer should protect your skin with broad spectrum SPF protection as well as the summer heat with UVA and UVB rays that can lead to sunburns, blemishes, ageing and fine lines.
1. The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with SPF 55 will help keep your skin summer ready. This sunblock costs about $10.99 and is an absolute bargain and life saver.
Keep a facial spray handy since the heat will lead to sweating and that will dehydrate your skin. Using a facial spray will revitalize and refresh your skin.
2. This Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe vera, cucumber and green tea will help keep your skin feeling fresh in just $7-10.
As we mentioned earlier, wearing heavy foundation can be really daunting in hot temperatures. It’ll make your skin feel clumpy, oily, itchy and very irritated. Try out something breathable and light such as a BB cream.
3. Garnier Skin Active’s 5-in-1 Miracle Skin Perfector – BB Cream can help minimize the appearance of pores without feeling too heavy. It can also help even the skin tone, help prevent sunburn and has other benefits too. It’s the best alternate to a heavy, oily foundation in the summer heat. This product retails for $12
If you’re not such a fan of the BB cream, try using a CC cream instead.
4. This L’Oréal Nude Magique – Anti-Redness color corrector helps even out the skin tone without making it feel so heavy and clogged. It retails just for $11 and is one of the best drug-store CC creams available.
Since you’ll be sweating and loosing moisture from your skin pretty fast during the summer time, its essential to keep its pH levels balanced and what better way than to use a toner.
5. The Natural Remedies – Witch Hazel Toner which retails for just $11 helps maintain our skin’s pH levels, gives a nice rosey fragrance and gets rid of the dirt and oil particles.
So? Are you ready to try these products? Let’s do this!