With Halloween right around the corner, pumpkins are the new talk of the town. You may be surprised to know that you can do a lot more with a pumpkin than just baking pies out of it and putting it up as your Halloween decorations. From making lip scrubs to face mask, there are a number of ways of adding pumpkins to your daily beauty routine.
Let’s have a look at how you can use this special ingredient to treat your lips.
Pumpkin Lip Scrub
If you like pumpkin pies, you are going to love this delicious pumpkin-sugar lip scrub. It works to give you soft and perfect lips by exfoliating the dead skin within seconds. Here’s how you can make it.
- 1⁄4 cup of pumpkin pie mix
- 2 spoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil
- Air-tight fruit jar
- A spoon and a mixing bowl
- In a bowl, add two spoons of brown sugar to the pumpkin puree.
- Use a spoon to mix it well and try to dissolve as much sugar as possible.
- Add a spoon of olive oil and stir until it is well dispersed.
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour it in a jar to keep it safe for a long time.
Use your scrub whenever your lips feel chapped or dry. Apply a generous amount of scrub on your lips and rub it around in circles with your finger for a few minutes. The grains of sugar will scrub away the dead skin, the olive oil will work to make your lips soft while the pumpkin will provide your lips with the nutrients they require to look their best.
The best part is that this scrubs tastes delicious. It is made of all edible products so don’t worry if some of it gets into your mouth. Put the leftover pumpkin to use, make this scrub and say goodbye to chapped lips!