When there is nothing to eat at home, the best alternative can be a cold, thick smoothie. Often made with raw fruits or vegetables, smoothies are the best thing to indulge in before taking on the day. Moreover, they have additives like ice cubes, natural sweeteners, nuts, or dairy products that are meant to elevate the taste of this hearty drink. We think these these four flavors are the ideal staple smoothie recipes!
Staple smoothie recipes you should always know how to make are:
- 1 whole, peeled banana
- ½ orange, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of water or milk (non dairy or dairy)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to taste, optional
- ½ cup of ice
You will need to chop up the banana into smaller pieces along with the orange and place them in a blender. Add the yogurt and liquid (water or milk). Turn the blender on and start blending the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy. Add in the ice and give a 10 second blend. Taste to see if you need to add more honey.
- 1 cup of ripe mango, chopped
- ½ cup of low fat milk
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of ice
In a blender, add mango, milk, yogurt, honey, and ice. Start blending until the mixture becomes frothy.
- 1 ½ cups of any liquid (you can use apple juice, skim milk, coconut milk, almond milk, or any other juice)
- 1 whole banana, sliced
- 1 ½ cups of frozen mixed berries
- ¾ cups of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey, optional
- Fresh berries or mint leaves, to garnish
In a blender, add the liquid of choice, banana, berries, and yogurt and start blending. If the smoothie looks too thick, you can add more liquid. Taste and add honey if needed. Pour into glasses, add fresh berries, and mint leaves on top.
- 2 whole overripe frozen bananas
- 4 to 6 teaspoons of peanut butter
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of milk (you can use whichever milk you desire)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of quick oats or rolled oats, optional
- Sweetener to taste
- Protein powder scoop, optional
Start by blending the oats until they become a fine powder. Then, start adding the bananas, peanut butter, milk, salt, sweetener, and protein powder. Blend until it is smooth. Make sure you drink it immediately or keep it in a covered container in the fridge.
Make some tweaks and add flavorful, antioxidant rich herbs to the mix. Healthy and delicious, these are the top smoothies every individual should know how to make. Be sure to make them for your friends and family, too!