Maintaining gorgeous skin isn’t rocket science, but we often treat it as such. But we have a secret for you: you don’t have to follow a ten step skincare routine for gorgeous skin. All you have to do is follow six simple tips.
6 Tips to Maintain Gorgeous Skin
We always see celebrities in the 40’s and 50’s who look like they’re in their 20’s and 30’s. How is that possible? Expensive skincare products? Plastic surgery? Maybe, but there are natural beauties, such as Jennifer Aniston and Halle Berry who age gracefully. Believe us, they do these six tips to maintain gorgeous skin.
Avoid Bad Skincare Ingredients
At iSkinCareReviews, we always promote natural skincare products. It’s easier to know the good products to buy, rather than remember the bad ingredients to avoid. But since knowledge is power, here are common ingredients to avoid:
- Parabens (obviously)
- Fragrance (what ingredients are in these fragrances, exactly?)
- BHA & BHT (synthetic antioxidants)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfale (may trigger allergies)
- Phthalates (especially bad for children)
These are toxic ingredients usually found in skincare products that you should avoid.
Exercise isn’t just good for a healthy body, but also healthy and, yes, gorgeous skin. Here are a few ways exercise can help your skin:
- Exercise increases blood flow, which carries oxygen and nutrients to the entire body, including the skin
- Increased blood can excrete cellular debris (organic waste)
- Exercise can help you get rid of stress, which may cause common skin conditions (dark under eyes, acne, increased oil production, etc.)
You don’t have to exercise daily (in fact, that’s not healthy at all), but try to exercise at least three times a week. We recommend these five exercises that burn more calories than running.
Maintain an Effective Skincare Routine
This one is obvious and you’re probably already doing it. But the keyword here is effective. This means, don’t jump on every skincare bandwagon. As tempting as new skincare products may be, you’re more likely to waste your money on a product and see little to no results. In your skincare routine, we stress the importance of:
- Buying medical grade products instead of drugstore products
- Researching the product before you make a purchase (including ingredients)
- Find skincare products that are tailored to your skin type and skin needs
Change Your Pillowcase
In one week, your pillowcase can accumulate more bacteria than a public toilet. So if you really want to keep your skin clear, change your pillowcase regularly. We have an informative infographic on things that cause acne, and your pillowcase is on that list. It’s very informative, so be sure to give it a read.
Avoid Junk Food
Junk food is bad for everybody, but it can be particularly bad for acne-prone sufferers. It’s said that junk food can cause acne, though more scientific proof needs to back this claim. Additionally, fatty foods are high in omega-6 fatty acids (bad) and low in omega-3 fatty acids (good). The former causes an increase in inflammation, and potentially causes dry, itchy skin.
You know this one, too. The benefits of exfoliating are tremendous. But don’t go overboard, because the side-effects of over-exfoliating are excruciating. Some benefits of exfoliation include:
- Glowing, gorgeous skin by removing dead skin to reveal the smooth surface underneath
- Less pores thanks to the removal of dirt, sweat, and other debris that widens pores
- Exfoliation allows products to absorb in your skin better by removing dirt, which allows products to nourish the deeper layers of your skin
Do you see the simplicity of these six tips for gorgeous skin? There are many other tips we can provide, but we’ll keep it simple for now. Try these out for 1-3 months and see the difference.