In a world full of different foundations, choosing the right one for your skin tone and skin type can be a little confusing at times. There are thousands of foundations out there, which mean you get to have many options. If you are a newbie to the makeup world, then you will have to learn these things about your favorite make up product. While choosing the perfect foundation it is important for you to learn about your skin first. You should check whether you have dry or oily skin, and what shade would compliment your skin tone the best. After that comes your skin issues, people often buy foundations to cover their blemishes or uneven skin, then comes the part where you have to figure out which foundation do you need. Now let us give you a little extra details about how to choose the perfect foundation for you.
Foundation for different skin types
- People have different skin types and skin issues, if your friend is using a foundation and it goes well on her doesn’t mean that it will suit you the best too. If you have oily skin and are prone to breakouts, avoid using foundation that has a lot of moisturizer in it because that will only make you skin oily. Choose foundations that are light in weight and won’t cause breakouts or acne on your skin.
- If your skin gets irritated very easily, then you have sensitive skin. Look for hypoallergenic or non-comedogenic foundations for your skin type.
- Using foundation on dry skin can make it look uneven or patchy. Look for silicone based foundations to use on dry skin. These foundations have a lot more moisturizer in it and can give you a very dewy finish. Avoid using matte foundations.
- If you have wrinkles or other signs of aging on your skin, then it is high time to throw all your powdered based and heavy foundations away. These type of foundations will make your lines more prominent by settling into it and you will end up looking older. Light weight foundations with minimum coverage should be perfect for you. Invest your money in the foundations that will prevent your skin from further aging and that can improve your skin texture.
- If you don’t have any of these skin conditions and have a normal skin, then you are one of the lucky ones. Keep your skin light by just applying a tinted moisturizer on it, this will conceal the minor skin flaws you might have.
How to buy the correct shade?
To choose the right shade, first check your undertone. If you have warm undertone, choose foundations that have yellow or gold in it. If you have cool undertone, the wrong foundation will look too orange on you. Stay away from anything that looks like gold and go for neutral undertones, the wrong foundation can make you look too pale or pink. Go for the perfect foundation that looks balanced and stay away from any bright yellow or golden ones.