Known for their delicate appearance and unworldly aroma, flowers are seen as a symbol of beauty, purity, and much more. Although flowers are most commonly gifted to loved ones on happy occasions, transforming these lovely creations into tea has become beneficial for the human health. To make it easier on your end, we bring to you an easy tea recipe along with its benefits.
We chose to feature roses because they have a vibrant color, delightful taste, and unlimited benefits.
Start by Collecting Rose Petals
- When you are collecting rose petals, it is important to make sure they have not been sprayed with pesticides and are grown away from roadways.
- The best choice would be newly budded rose petals.
- Pull away the rose petals from the flower head, and place them in a strainer.
- Wash the petals under cold water and use them immediately.
- If you want to use dried petals, keep the petals on a tea towel and let them dry.
For great flavor, you must use fresh rose petals.
Making Different Kinds of Rose Tea
- Caffeinated rose tea- Depending on your tea preference (green or black), you just need to drop the washed rose petals into it while it is cooking and let it steep. The rose flavor will be infused with your tea and the petals will adapt a velvety texture, which can be eaten.
- Non-caffeinated rose tea– Begin by brewing decaffeinated tea and add the petals to it. Let is steep like normal, pour into a cup, and enjoy.
- Plain rose Tea- To indulge in authentic rose flavor in your tea, you need to add the petals to a pot and pour boiling water on top. Let it steep for 4 minutes before you start drinking it.
Benefits of Rose Tea
- It makes the skin healthy and youthful– Rose petals are known to be anti-bacterial, anti-oxidative, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory. This is why, drinking tea infused with rose petals will make it great to cure skin conditions (including pimples and acne). To gain maximum benefits, you need to sip the drink when it is warm. To keep your skin soft, hydrated, and supple, use the drink to wash your face. The high content of antioxidants will clear away blemishes and allow your skin to be radiant, smooth, and soft while allowing it to look youthful.
- It busts stress naturally– Drinking a tea infused with rose petals will keep stress levels low. It has an effective impact on emotional hormones and reducing stress as it calms the nervous system. It is also an anti-depressant and has tranquilizing properties as well.
- It aids in weight loss– Drink plain rose tea twice between your snacks for effective weight loss. If you want, you can add it to green tea as it is zero calories as well. Drinking rose infused green tea will help you control your cravings and appetite, leading you towards weight loss.
This is how you can make the very easy rose tea that’s beneficial for your health and wellness. Make sure you are indulging in this tea at least once a day and witness a positive transformation.